8.19.2013

Our last scheduled meet-up by me!


What started off as a little playdate group idea...turned into a group where I have made some great friends!  Unfortunately my family will be moving soon.  You can read about our story:  HERE.

I know there are many new homeschooling moms just starting out, that are eager, as I was a few years ago, to meet other moms that are going through the same daily adventures of homeschooling their kids.

My hope is that someone would be willing to take over the homeschool meet-up group as a whole...or a few moms plan the monthly meet-ups.  I can not turn this blog over to anyone, because it is connected to my families blog, so this will be my last post. 

I recommend just putting events on the facebook page under the "events" tab.  I can open up the facebook page to whoever wants to be an administrator.

I still plan on attending as many events that I can while we are in the house selling/hunting stage.  We plan to move to the Grand Island area so it isn't very far.  I might even post some of our new local events if anyone wants to drive!:) 

The last event that I have planned is our families favorite! 

It will be on Wednesday, October 9th at 9:00AM.  We will meet at Roca Berry Farm.  We will need to go in as a group, but each family can pay seperately.  Teachers are free (us).  Last year they allowed one adult per family free and each additional adult was $4.00.  Kids 18 months and older are $6.00.  This is, I believe, a slight price increase from last year for a group.  But still a great deal!  You will receive access to the farm all day!  There is so much to do, so it isn't hard to spend the entire day there!  This admission also includes a ride on the hayrack ride and a 10-12 lb pumpkin.  Last year we had around 70 people in our group, so everyone just broke off into little groups.  I do not assign groups, so just find a friendly face to hang out with.  :)

Please meet us at the right hand side of the entrance by 9AM.  Please call/text me if you are running late so I can let the group go in and wait for you.  402-540-7971.





No comments:

Post a Comment